Kennady's Baptism Day
Oct. 11, 2008
9:00 am
Eagle Mountain East Stake Center
Kennady had her baptism!! It was a wonderful day. It was such a great experience for our entire family. It has been so amazing to watch her prepare to make this decision. I have been so amazed by her. She has a lot of faith and she really tired hard to make sure that being baptized was the right thing to do. She made the decision by studying the scriptures, learning about the gospel, and most importantly by praying!! She is a sweet girl and I am so excited for her!!
We woke up to a chilly morning. It was overcast and cold. Kennady looked beautiful. She choose her dress all by herself. It is one that really matches her personality and taste. She also wore pearl earring, a pearl necklace, and a pearl bracelet.
It was tricky getting all the girls ready but we did it and we were ready to go by 8:20!!
We then headed over to the church.
We picked out the jumpsuits and got all ready. Kennady was very nervous but she was excited too. I thought she looked so cute, especially because she was matching her dad!!
The program was great. We were able to share this experience with another family in our ward. Karla and Kennady were the 2 girls being baptized! My step-mom Traci and Shannon McCaul took care of the music. Grandma Denise gave the opening prayer. Katie McCaul gave the talk on baptism. Joe baptized Kennady with Parris McCaul and Grandpa Daniel being the witnesses. The baptism went very well. Kennady was so nervous that she would have to do it over and over again but they got it done in 1 try!! Next my sisters, Kelsi Boston and Erica Gordon and my little brother A.J. did a beautiful musical number. They played their flutes and A.J. played his chello. We then heard a cute little talk by the other family. It was a young boy and he did a great job. He even gave Kennady and Karla a handkerchief. Kennady was then confirmed by her dad. She had so many family and friends in the circle. She is a lucky girl!! It was such a nice program and I am very thankful for everyone who helped out!!
We then headed over to Joe's work. He has an office that has lots of room, a big break room, a pool table, and a room that has a wii set up. So we thought it would be best to hold her luncheon there. It was great. We had turkey roll-up wraps, fruit, chips, and cake!! It was so nice to have so many people there to support and show their love to Kennady. She noticed everyone and was so glad later that day that so many of her friends and family were there!! So here is a big thank you to all of you who came to share in this day with us. It was fun having all of you. It was so nice to be able to see all of you and talk with you and share this day with you!!
The kid table- Kennady, Emma, Katie, McKenna, Lewis, Hannah, Sydney, Callie
Grandpa Daniel, Grandma Traci, Kelsi and Avery
Grandma Denise and Grandma Annette
Jay and Teresa
Shannon, Collyn, Katie, and Reddek and Victoria in the background
Earl and Gaylee Swenson (my step-mom Traci's Parents)
Charle and my good friend Wendy Bascom
Tammy, Amber, Kayson, and Charle
Jason
Brandon, Julie, Stewart, and Brandon's little brother
The pool group- Zac Boyden, Grandma Traci, Katie, Daren, Erica, A.J., Chris, Madison Boyden, and Michael
Kelly and Parris
Grandma Denise and Audrey
Audrey and Joe
The Hinton and McCaul girls
Kennady and her best friend Emma Hinton
Kennady is so excited because next month Emma is getting baptized too!!
We then said good-bye to everyone and we just went home to spend the rest of the day together. We hung out, listened to music, watched a movie and just relaxed!! I know that this was a day that we will always remember. I know it is a day that Kennady will always remember too. She felt the spirit and she knows that she made the right choice to be baptized. I am so happy that I am Kennady's mother. It is amazing how much children teach you. I am so lucky to have my family!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Kennady's Baptism Day
Posted by Andria at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Her baptism day was beautiful! She was so pretty, I loved her dress. Can't say I'm not super glad the musical number is over with, you know that was the first time I've played my flute since Brian and Kelley's wedding 3 YEARS AGO! Oh well, the cankers on my bottom lip from my braces will be there to remind me how awesome of an aunt I really am!
It was such a beautiful baptism, I am glad it was a perfect day for you. Kennady looked beautiful, and I love your new family picture!
Congratulations Kennady! Kennady has such a sweet little testimony. You can really feel it in our primary. We are all proud of her.
WOW, what an awesome day!!! I love her dress, I love the family picture with the snow and I love that you have your family too. Joe is a little out numbered but seems like an AWESOME father!!! Your girls are beautiful and you are definately going to have your hands full as they get older.
It seems like we are going through all the same stages with our "first borns." I love it! When I read how you decsribe Kennady and her personality, she reminds me so much of my Madison. I have a feeling that they could be really good friends - darn it! Move back to Manti (or even Ephraim)!! It is so fun to see Kennady in her pretty white dress and also her and Joe in the white "jumpsuits!" These milestones are so special. We have to cherish every moment - time goes by way too fast.
It seems like we are going through all the same stages with our "first borns." I love it! When I read how you decsribe Kennady and her personality, she reminds me so much of my Madison. I have a feeling that they could be really good friends - darn it! Move back to Manti (or even Ephraim)!! It is so fun to see Kennady in her pretty white dress and also her and Joe in the white "jumpsuits!" These milestones are so special. We have to cherish every moment - time goes by way too fast.
Post a Comment