Sept. 13th!! That is the day Joe and I were married in the Manti Temple. It has been 12 years since that day. I went through some pictures from that day and I thought I would share them!!
This is our wedding announcement. My mom framed it for us. Our wedding colors were dark green and orange/peach.
We were married in the Manti Temple.
The day stared out beautiful but the rain started coming in. By that night it was raining really hard. Joe's family had decorated our car and decided it would be fun to throw flour on it. Well take flour and rain and a car and what do you get.... a huge sticky mess!! Chad helped us clean it up when we got back from our honeymoon!!
We had so many of our family and friends with us that day. It is fun to see how everyone has changed.
We had our luncheon and reception at the Ephraim Social Hall. Katherine Crouch helped us with our reception. It was really nice. It looked so beautiful that night!
My sisters, Kelsi and Erica were flower girls. Wow don't they look hot!!
Here is a picture of my mom, Rex my step-dad and my brothers Derek and Brian.
Here is a picture of my dad, my step-mom Traci, Kelsi, Erica, Michael, Baby J (A.J.), Derek, and Brian.
Here is Joe's mom and his step-dad Gene.
Here is Joe with his dad. Such handsome men!!
And here is Joe's family. It is hard to believe but it is much bigger now!! I love to see the changes!
As I have been reflecting on that day my thoughts turned to the people who were there that night but are no longer living now. I truly miss them. Life goes by too quickly.
I also thought about how lucky I am to have such an amazing family. My mom and dad are always there for me and I have also been lucky enough to have step parents that have been more like real parents!! My brothers and sisters are also so much fun!!
I am also so glad that on this day 12 years ago I became part of Joe's family. They are so caring and so fun to be around. I love each of them. I could not ask for a better family to join.
Of course I also took some time today to think about my eternal companion Joe!! I am so glad that I was lucky enough to snag such a great person. He is amazing. He has such strength and resolve. He has dedication and determination. I am so lucky that he is such a hard worker too. He has accomplished so much in his profession and in our own home. When he sets his mind to something he always accomplishes it. He is very loyal. He has been my best friend for almost as long as I can remember. He helps me to recognize my strengths. He is always reminding me to look at the positive. He is also a great dad. From being silly with the girls to being able to bless them whenever they ask. I am so grateful that each of my girls have a personal relationship with their dad. They probably each think that they are their dads' best friend. I am grateful that Joe loves the Lord. He has been able to teach the girls many things about the gospel and I know that they look up to him and watch him serve and they are learning a lot from his example. I am so lucky that I was able to be sealed to Joe 12 years ago! I have loved our journey together so far and I can't wait to see what is ahead. We have been through so much together. He has always been there for me!! I guess that is what marriage is about!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
12 Years and Counting!!
Posted by Andria at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh Andria, those pictures are awful! I mean, its great for memories...but HOW EMBARRASSING!!! I can't believe that was 12 years ago. Look at how everyone has changed. Joe and Brian look so little.
I remember your wedding...Aunt Ann took us golfing between events, I forgot my cream tights and took my white ones(oh the weird things my mother, possibly you, cared about!), the baked potato fiasco, Parris came and stood in the line for me for awhile. But I remember you first coming and telling us you were engaged. You were bawling hysterically and all I cared about was that you would call me a flower girl and/or a server at the reception...
I love this post! The pictures are so fun to look at. The picture of you infront of the temple is so pretty! What a sweet begining to your wonderful family.
That is the cutest blog ever. Thank you for pouring out your thoughts. Seems like so long ago, but truly you have so much ahead of you. It helps me realize how much I have as well. I remember that day as well. You had Julie, Brandie and I be servers and I thought that I was so cool and grown up.
Happy aniversary! That was fun to see everybody back then...what is even funnier to me is I was there that night serving with Jill! We were all trying to look so cute for Jason and now look at me :) Well YOU are so lucky to have such a great guy, but I would have to say he is lucky also you both are great examples for us and Reddek.
You look so pretty in those pictures and tell Joe he was hot! We were all like wow look at Jason's brother that means he is going to be hot too! Oh the memories that post brought back. I also remember you got a bride porcelin doll and I took it out to the car for you and down those stairs out the back I was so nerveous I was going to drop it but i didn't!!!
Oh congratulations! Happy anniversary. I hope you guys were able to do something special. Those pictures are so great. It is fun to see:)
Oh congratulations! Happy anniversary. I hope you guys were able to do something special. Those pictures are so great. It is fun to see:)
Post a Comment