Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Hi to all you fathers out there!! I know so many men who are such wonderful fathers. I am so thankful to all of you for the example and influence you are on me and my family. So thanks for all the uncles, brothers, cousins, friends, and neighbors.

I have a give a special mention first to my own dad. He is awesome. He has a wonderful sense of humor, he is a wonderful example of strength and leadership, he is very smart, he is very giving, and he is always there for me. He makes the best breakfast ever. He loves to go on vacations and we are lucky enough to be invited to some of those adventures. He has taken us to Yellowstone, Big Bear California, Smiley Creek, and my kids favorite... Disneyland.
My dad is so fun to hang out with because he is easy to talk too. He is always telling jokes but he sometimes says the punch line first. He loves to fly. He has his own airplane and has taken it on many flying adventures. He is very giving. He is always looking out for his family and he only wants what is best for us. I am thankful to have him as my dad. His testimony has given me strength many times in my life. When ever I need a rock for support I look to him.
Thanks Dad!! I love you!!





I also have to give a shout out to Joe. He is such a great husband and dad. I love every minute I am with him. He is as hard worker, he loves to play with his daughters, he loves music and has made it so my girls love music too. They sing all kinds of songs from Ricky Neilson to Cold Play. He enjoys sports and likes to be active. He is very smart and is a great leader. He is a problem solver and can often come up with solutions I had never thought of. He is really good at decorating a home and designing a yard. He has made our backyard a place that we love to be in. He is also a great spiritual leader. He is patient, kind, and very thoughtful of others. He wants to be a friend to all. I am thankful for his friendship. He makes me laugh almost every day. He supports me in all I try to do. He also listens to me when I am complaining or crying or both!!! And finally he is great looking!! I am so glad that I am able to share my life with this wonderful guy!!


I also have to say that his girls LOVE HIM! He is a great dad. They always want to hang on him, play with him, listen to music with him, dance with him, read with him, anything with him. They love being with him because he is so much fun and so kind and caring with them. I have often told him it is his fault that we have all girls because he is so good with girls. Avery says that he is her prince and she often tells us she is going to marry dad because he is her prince. Every morning when the girls wake up if Joe is already left for work they are sad. They are also very excited when he comes home!! Thanks Joe for being such a great dad.




2 comments:

Erica said...

That was very sweet! I often hope Daren is as great of a dad as Joe is. I LOVE that last picture of Avery! I hope she one day can marry a prince of her own.

kelsi said...

i agree completely with erica. everytime i come down to visit i hope that i marry someone like joe. he is a great father. and that picture of avery cracks me up.