Monday, June 9, 2008

Being a new mom

Well if I thought finding the time to blog when I was pregnant is hard it is even harder with a new baby!! But here is a little update. We have had come adventures with our new little one. We went to Manti last Sunday for a family baby blessing. Joe's niece, Amber, blessed her new little baby. His name is Kayson. He is really cute and his dad Jesse did a great job. It was so fun to hang out with Joe's family and talk with all the girls!! My kids had a great time hanging with their cousins. They never want to leave Jessica's house.

We also took a day and went to Logan. It was really fun to see everyone. We were able to see my sister's new house. It is really cute!! Her yard is huge! I have to admit I left a little jealous of that yard. Oh the fun things I could do with a yard that big. My dad also made us home-made pizza- yummy!! We were also able to see my step mom's parents, The Swensons. They are always so fun to see. They are great people. We ended our visit with a stop at my grandmother's house. My aunt Ann was there. She held Audrey and kept saying how much she reminded her our my dad. My grandma was also able to hold Audrey. I am so glad that she was able to do that.

We also went to Pony express days. It was a lot of fun. We went with Joe's brothers and their families. The parade was crazy. Between Katie jumping up and down and Joe passing out big candy bars I think that everyone around us thought we were nuts. But we had fun and so did the kids. The kids went on rides and had a lot of fun. I have pictures on my phone so I will try and post those when I learn how to get them from my phone to my computer!!

And finally here are some pictures of Audrey. She will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. She is growing so fast. She is getting such chubby cheeks. We are loving her and we are so glad she is in our family. It is amazing to me how quickly we learn to love the new babies that come. It doesn't take long before we are so attached!! Audrey was wearing an outfit the other day that said, "Love me forever." Kennady said to her that we would always love her forever. I had such a feeling of peace knowing that because of the gospel and because Joe and I were sealed in the temple that the second she was born we became able to love her forever. It felt like such a blessing that no matter what this life brings the Lord has provided for us a way to be with our loved ones forever. What a great blessing. We love our little Audrey forever......












7 comments:

Stacey said...

Audrey is so beautiful. I am glad you guys had a fun weekend! I agree about how quickly it seems like new babies have always been there...it is hard to amagine what you did before them! (Besides get more done!) It is so wonderful to welcome these little ones, and I'm sure that because of the life you and Joe live, Heavenly Father is so happy to send these sweet girls to your home!

Stacey said...

Oh yeah, by the way, you can just e-mail your pictures from your cell to yourself! :)

Katie McCaul said...

Those pictures are so cute!!! She looks so different it is weird. Well you need to teach me how to put music on my blog. I will teach you how to get your phone pictures to your computer. I hope Avery gets better soon!

Erica said...

Andria, there is NOTHING to be jealous of. It is a huge task we took on getting that big of a yard. And don't worry, Daren already decided we were going to get a fire pit.. We don't entertain so I don't know why we'd have one. So I guess you'll have to come up to visit more often.

You guys are doing a lot for her being so new. Sounds like you had a great time the last few days. I'll always love her forever too!!

Katie McCaul said...

She is so dang cute!!! I can't wait to hold her again...I miss the little ones. It will be fun to see her personality when she is a little older. Everyday we drive past reddek says baby and ravry. He loves you guys!

Stacey said...

You take such good pictures! I am going to have you come over when I have another baby to take my birth announcement pictures!

You are such a good mom Andria, and I am sure Heavenly Father is so pleased that He was able to send four such special spirits to your home.

Thanks for the great example!

Madsen Family said...

oh she is too cute. i love that story, it is so true how quickly we love them!