I woke up Wed. morning at 8:30 a.m. on my own. No alarms, no children bugging me, and best of all, Joe was not up getting ready for work. I couldn't believe it. My children were sleeping in and Joe was still sleeping next to me. We all then slowly woke up. I fed Audrey while Joe went downstairs to make the girls breakfast. He just kept hanging around. He was working on the computer around 10:00 am when I got a text. I ran over to my phone to see who the text was from. It was from Joe. He said, "Get ready! Let's go to Park City for the day". I was excited. Joe has not taken a day off for fun in a long time. So I jumped at the chance to spend the day with him and the girls. We hopped in the car and headed to Park City for a little fun!!
First we went to a ski resort that has the Alpine Slide and other things. We ate lunch at a little deli and we ate outside on picnic tables. It was good food and the kids had fun climbing around on the rocks.
We then decided to have some fun. We took turn riding on the Coaster. Joe first took Sydney. They loved it. Sydney kept saying that she was scared that they would just fall off and crash.
Then Kennady and I went on the Coaster together. While we were going up Kennady just told me to be brave and to go fast the entire time. So I did and I was scared the entire time!! It goes really fast but it is so fun. I am so glad that our girls like to do things like that. Avery was too little to go this time.
Avery was really good at waiting and watching. She enjoyed looking at the rides, rocks, and flowers. She was a good sport!! She likes watching her sisters!!
Next the big girls went on the big trampoline. They got strapped into a harness and then jump and flip. I could not believe how high they would go. It looked like so much fun and the girls really enjoyed it!!
Joe spent some time sitting in the shade with Audrey. They looked like they were having a nice time together.
Next it was Avery's turn. She went with Joe on the Alpine Slide. She first rode the tram up the mountain. Joe said that she seemed to like it. She also did great on the slide. Joe went really fast and it didn't scare her. When she came down she seemed to love it. She kept saying she went on a big slide.
While I was trying to get a picture of Avery on the slide, Kennady was holding Audrey. Audrey even fell asleep on her lap. Kennady is such a helpful big sister.
After a long hot day of fun we decided to cool off with a shaved ice. It was really nice and cool!
We then went over the the outlets for a little shopping but it didn't last long. We then went home! It was such a fun day!! I am so glad that Joe was able to take the day off even when he is so busy at work. We really appreciate all that he does for us. He is a great dad!! I am also so thankful for my girls. They were really fun and were such good sports. They didn't whine or complain. They were just a lot of fun!! Even Avery who looks really mad in this picture was fun!
Friday, July 25, 2008
A Surprise Day!
Posted by Andria at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
What a fun day! I'm jealous, me and Daren never do anything spur of the moment like that. I had a dream about Audrey's baby blessing last night...HILARIOUS! I can't wait to come down obviously.
I am so happy for you! It looks like you guys had such a fun day! Sometimes it is nice to just to get away from everything and just spend time together. Your kids are so darn cute!!
Looks like you guys had fun! I loved the alpine slide and coaster glad you got to spend a day with Joe.
Yea! I'm so glad for you. Especially the sleeping in part. Sometimes they are paying attention. You have such a cute family.
That is so so sweet of Joe. It looks like you guys had a great day. Your family is so darling!
Post a Comment