On Saturday we had an amazing evening!! It all began at Jason and Katie's house. We met Joe's family up there for an early dinner. There was Joe's mom, Annette. His sister Julie and her husband Brandon. Jason, Katie and Reddek. My mom and our family. We had yummy soup, bread, salad, and donuts. It was all really good.
Next we headed up to Temple Square. It was busy and a little crazy trying to find some parking. As we drove past Temple Square I said, "Look girls at all the lights." Avery looked up and said, " Oh my goodness, Mom!!!!! Look!!!! Look at the beautiful castle."
It was very sweet. All night she just kept saying, "Please mom, can we go in the castle?" It was so cute and I love that she is all about pretend and princesses!! What a sweet girl. We finally got her to call it a temple castle. But she is sure that is where her prince is and where she is going to get married!!
Once we found parking we got all bundled up and headed out to see the light around temple square.
Audrey
Avery
Sydney
Kennady
Joe and Andria
The Grandmas
Julie and Brandon
Jason Katie and Reddek
All the different decorations were so beautiful. I loved all the lights, trees, and manger scenes.
We then headed over to the visitors center to look at the Christus. It was amazing. My girls always love when we go there. The spirit is amazing and I love being able to just look at Christ and reflect on the true meaning of the season. It was especially amazing at night with the windows all around you. It was beautiful and a little magical.
Next we went to the movie about Joseph Smith. We have seen this a few times but it is always such a great remeinder of the remarkable man Joseph Smith was. It was great to go with Joe's family. Some of them had not seen it before and they loved it. It was also really fun to pay close attention to the scenes in Nauvoo. We are going there next week and it really got us excited to go. I think that Carthage Jail will have more meaning to us after watching the movie. I can't wait to be standing in the jail and to reflect on the events that took place.
After the movie we headed home!! The girls all fell asleep as we drove home. They were exhausted. I was so happy to have spent this time with our family. I hope we can make this a tradition for years to come!! We love Temple Square!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Temple Square
Posted by Andria at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
It was a fun night! When we were trying to park I was like ok lets just go home.lol But it was such a peaceful feeling right when we unloaded. I think it should be a tradition. Reddek keeps talking about Joseph Smith at the Temple...so cute!
Wow, Mark has never commented on any blog but mine once! That is impressive. I love that Avery called it a castle, that is so sweet. Sydney's picture is beautiful. Your kids are so cute. It looks like you had a great night.
That's a really nice picture of the temple! I wonder who the photographer is :)
Temple square is so awsome at christmas. Can't wait to be back in Utah to see it.
I haven't been to Temple Square since Achievement Days!!! I LOVE the girls hats, where did you get those? I don't think I have EVER seen Joe is glasses. Alright...maybe it was young womens the last time I went....well whatever! Next time, call me! I'll make a drive to see you guys, please!!!
It looks like fun. I don't think we will make it up to see the lights this year.
Your tree looks so good. Tell Joe nice job on the lights! I had surgery on my right arm a few years ago. I know all about the one arm thing. Josh had to do my hair for 3 weeks... I hope that never happens again. Ha Ha
So cool. We tried to go see the lights and walk around Temple Square and we drove around in the car for an hour and then just went home..... Parking is so frustrating downtown. But seeing the fun time you guys had makes me want to maybe try again. It has been such a big tradition for us this would be the first year we haven't gone since we were married.
Post a Comment